Why you should offer API data plans in advance of the RETS sunset date announcement
- Current RETS feeds can remain active.
- Become compliant with RESO MLS transition to Web API.
- Proactive in providing additional time for developers new to APIs to transition (can take 2-6 months to set up on their end).
- Providing data plans sooner than later allows developers to transition more leisurely instead of creating a bottleneck that may be tough to recover from if/when a NAR mandate is passed.
- Creating a better experience for all involved—especially your members!
- The API is more resilient to field changes that cost developers (and your members) time and money to patch.
- More time to become familiar with features within Datamart.
- Automated tracking of all data plans requests.
- Paperless process.